An got his B.S. and M.S. degrees in pharmaceutical sciences at Perking University, where he worked with Professor Xin-Shan Ye on the synthesis, analytical characterization, and biological evaluation of tumor-associated glycopeptide antigen MUC1 analogs as anti-tumor vaccines. He joined Chen lab in the winter of 2014 and now he is a Ph.D. candidate in chemistry. His research interests are:
- Methodology development, synthesis and inhibition assay of sialidase transition-state analogs Neu5Ac2en and 2,7-anhydro-Neu5Ac derivatives as sialidase inhibitors.
- Synthesis and assay analysis of glycans containing N-acetyl sialic acids as stable analogs of O-acetyl sialic acids.
- Synthesis of legionaminic acid-containing glycosides.
- Extracting N-glycans from natural sources, as well as 2-AB labeling and analysis of glycans.
Besides, he is also our safety officer since he entered the lab.
- Santra, A.; Xiao, A.; Yu, H.; Li, W.; Li, Y.; Ngo, L.; McArthur, J. B.; Chen, X. A Diazido Mannose Analogue as a Chemoenzymatic Synthon for Synthesizing Di-N-acetyllegionaminic Acid-Containing Glycosides. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 2929−2933.
- Xiao, A.; Li, Y.; Li, X.; Santra, A.; Yu, H.; Li, W.; Chen, X. Sialidase-Catalyzed One-Pot Multienzyme (OPME) Synthesis of Sialidase Transition-State Analogue Inhibitors. ACS Catal. 2018, 8, 43−47.
- Li, W.; Xiao, A.; Li, Y.; Yu, H.; Chen, X. Chemoenzymatic synthesis of Neu5Ac9NAc-containing α2‒3- and α2‒6-linked sialosides and their use for sialidase substrate specificity studies. Carbohydr. Res. 2017, 451, 51−58.
- Khedri, Z.;† Xiao, A.;† Yu, H.;† Landig, C. S.; Li, W.; Diaz, S.; Wasik, B. R.; Parrish, C. R.; Wang, L.-P.; Varki, A.; Chen, X. A Chemical Biology Solution to Problems with Studying Biologically Important but Unstable 9-O-Acetyl Sialic Acids. †Co-first authors. ACS Chem. Biol. 2017, 12, 214−224.
- Xiao, A.; Zheng, X.-J.; Song, C.; Gui, Y.; Huo, C.-X.; Ye, X.-S. Synthesis and immunological evaluation of MUC1 glycopeptide conjugates bearing N-acetyl modified STn derivatives as anticancer vaccines.Org. Biomol. Chem. 2016, 14, 7226−7237.
- Huo, C.-X.; Zheng, X.-J.; Xiao, A.; Liu, C.-C.; Sun, S.; Lv, Z.; Ye, X.-S. Synthetic and immunological studies of N-acyl modified S-linked STn derivatives as anticancer vaccine candidates. Org. Biomol. Chem. 2015, 13, 3677−3690.
- Xiao, A.; Slack, T.J.; Li, Y.; Shi, D.; Liu, Y.; Li, W.; Chen, X. One-Pot Multienzyme (OPME) Synthesis of 2,7-Anhydro-Sialic Acids as Inhibitors against Nonclassical Streptococcus pneumoniae Sialidases. Being submitted, 2018.